Early Voting Begins Today In Sarasota County
Sarasota County voters can vote early starting Oct. 27 at six locations.
If you can't wait to vote or feel prepared you're ready to cast that ballot, you're in luck. Early voting begins today in Sarasota County.
Voters must have registered in Sarasota County by Oct. 9 in order to vote in the General Election.
Early voting will last from today through Nov. 3, form 7 a.m. to 7 p.m at the following locations:
- Sarasota County Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota
- North County Library, 2810 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota
- Fruitville Library, 100 Coburn Road, Sarasota
- Gulf Gate Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., Sarasota
- Supervisor of Elections Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
- R.L. Anderson Administration Building, Room 114, 4000 Tamiami Trail South, Venice
Sarasota county voters can drop off their vote-by-mail (absentee) ballots at a secure, drive-thru collection booth, as well, at the Sarasota County Terrace Building.
Voters should look for the blue Supervisor of Elections canopy on the south side of Morrill Street, east of Washington Blvd, just one block south of the Terrace Building. Supervisor of Elections representatives will be on hand to collect and drop the signed ballot envelopes into a secured ballot box.
Dent cautions voters to ensure they have signed their absentee ballot certificate envelopes prior to dropping them off.
All voted absentee ballots must be in the hands of the Supervisor of Elections by 7 p.m. on election night to be counted.
More than 74,000 ballots have been mailed so far to county residents, Dent said.