1. FOX News Channel's Bill O'Reilly is in Sarasota today. He'll be in town for the Ringling College Library Association's Town Hall Lecture Series. O'Reilly is also the author of the best seller "Killing Lincoln." For more information on subscriptions to the series, call 925-1343.
2. The Sarasota County Board of Education is expected to discuss potential cuts Tuesday during a workshop following a report released Salary cuts and union bargaining issues received were major areas in the recommendations. Stay with Patch to find out what cuts could be planned.
3. Vote! Businesses will be battling it out in our poll over the next few weeks. The field of 64 narrows down to 32, then to 16 and so on. The winning business gets a nice Patch prize!
4. Why aren't you blogging on Patch? You probably just don't know all the particulars. Or that it's an excellent way to market your small business or your political cause. Come out and learn more about blogging on Patch at a happy hour Thursday, March 15, from 6-8 pm at Urban Flats in The Shoppes in University Center. Our party will be located out on the patio. Register at http://blog-for-patch.eventbrite.com.
5. The City of Sarasota is reminding people of coming changes to parking enforcement and what's happening now with the free parking.
Restricted public parking time limits throughout the City of Sarasota are still in effect as posted. Currently, there are no time restrictions in bagged parking meter areas. Drivers are encouraged to look for new signage over the next few weeks. The Palm Avenue Garage is free to the public. Vehicle parking is limited to no more than 72-hours in the garage.
For more information contact Parking Services: 941-954-7057