1. landed on the Today show this week for being Princeton Review's No. 3 "Best Value Public College in America." “It is a wonderful school, a small school” said The Princeton Review’s Robert Franek on the TODAY show. “It’s the official honors college of the State of Florida. It’s an enormous academic value and a great financial aid value as well.” The Best Value Colleges for 2012 were selected based upon institutional data and student opinion surveys collected from Fall 2010 through Fall 2011, weighing undergraduate academics, costs and financial aid.
2. There are plenty of places to adopt a pet in Sarasota, and one of them is the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Animal Services. Check out this video of Donny the Dachshund who is highlighted this week.
3. The special ESPN filmed on locations starts airing today on ESPNU at 6:30 p.m. and is expected to air later on ESPN's other properties. As a teaser, The Broken Egg posted this YouTube video of the behind-the-scenes action of ESPN's filming at their restaurants.
4. Join the tonight at 5:30 for a town hall.The event will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday at the library, 1331 First St. It's free and open to the public. The Film Festival wants to know what you think, what you want, and wants you to bring questions and insights about what can make the film festival better. Click here to RSVP on Facebook. Call 364-9514 for more info.
5. Construction of the in North Sarasota is moving along. On Tuesday, WWSB captured this image of crews demolishing the old Winn-Dixie on Tamiami Trail so workers can make way for the Walmart. The store is expected to open in the fall.