1. The Orioles take on the Philadelphia Phillies at 1:05 p.m. today at . There are only seven more home games left. Better see them soon before they fly home to Maryland.
2. Check the list of Sarasota Film Festival movies, scan your calendar and see how much you can devote time to the newest movies around. Now that the festival line-up was announced Monday, moviegoers can grab tickets Friday at the Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20 or at sarasotafilmfestival.com. Also download the iPhone app for the Film Festival that gives movie times, ratings, trailers, and adding movies to your schedule. You can filter movies by venue, time, and more. Click on the link above to visit the Apple App Store for the Film Festival app or search for Sarasota Film Festival on your iPhone.
3. Today is the first official day of spring. Rejoice because the weather is pretty much going to be the same as it was in the winter. Maybe a tad more humid. Welcome to Sarasota. Perhaps this means that Spring Training actually means Spring Training. We'll figure it out by summer.
5. Don't miss the Sarasota County Film and Entertainment Office Mega Mixer Thursday at Flight Source International, 1244 Clyde Jones Road. Admission costs $20. Event includes door prizes, raffles, entertainment, and of course, people involved in all sorts of aspects of the film industry.
5. Get your tickets now for the 17th annual Give Hunger The Blues festival. It happens Sunday at 1930 Hillview St. in Southside Village. It's the All Faiths Food Bank's biggest single day fundraiser. This year's headliner is The Lee Boys, who hail from Miami. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are free. For more info, visit http://givinghungertheblues.org.