1. families, nearby residents and other community members are invited to learn about planned renovations to the campus at an open house from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, March 8. The open house will be in the west cafeteria, just east of the parking lot on U.S. 41/Tamiami Trail next to the original 1926 SHS building.
2. A new business has opened up in Sarasota. Delight, a boutique featuring unique designs with the Delight Couture label, recently opened at 537 S. Pineapple Ave. in Sarasota. The store offers handmade up-cycled designs which have been popular mainstays at the Sarasota Farmers Market and local retailers. The locally owned business currently is open Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. For more information about Delight visit www.delightcouture.com.
3. If you're heading out to the Orioles' opening day game for Monday, you'll get an operatic treat. Tenor Joshua Kohl, who is currently singing the role of Edgardo in 's production of Lucia di Lammermoor , will sing the National Anthem at the game. This is his third year in a row doing so. The game begins at 7 p.m. at against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
4. Academy Award President Tom Sherak will be teaching a class at today to its digital filmmaking students. He also serves as a consultant for Marvel Studios and Relativity Media. Ringling's movie magic continues Monday when a movie, Spring Breakers starring James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez films there.
5. Rapper, and proud Hasidic Jew, Matisyahu will perform an acoustic set at on Saturday. Tickets are $36 and $18 for students with ID. The concert is organized by the Jewish Federation and Chris Alexander.