1. Siesta Key Beach had its moment in the spotlight, and this time, it's Lido Beach's turn. The American Shore and Beach Preservation Association rounded up the Best Restored Beach winners from the past few years and decided to see who's the best of the best. Vote for Lido Beach on the ASBPA website on your computer and smartphone.. You can cast a vote once every 24 hours through April 27.
2. come 60 days. The parent company, Supervalu, which owns Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Save-A-Lot and others, announced it will shutter its Sarasota store, located on North Lockwood Ridge Road in Manatee County, along with its Brandenton store and other Suncoast stores. A final closing date has yet to be announced.
3. We are just a couple days away from movie magic. The starts Friday and tickets are selling fast. In addition to the 235 movies, the festival announced that Penelope Ann Miller will be at the festival this year as well as WWE superstars Kelly Kelly and Rey Mysterio, retired New York Giants legend Harry Carson, the Flying Wallendas and more will be on hand at various events. For tickets, visit the lobby or visit www.sarasotafilmfestival.com .
4. complex will keep busy despite Spring Training ending earlier this month. Minor league players will participate in free extended spring training games and Booker High School will continue to play several home games at the stadium.
5. Patch has overhauled its blogging system allowing you to easily start a blog without feeling tied down to a space. Have a thought or something to write about? Click Start A Blog on the homepage. You must be at least 14 years old to blog. All blogs will be on our Local Voices page and the best will be featured on the home page.