Sarasota's politicians will star in a special free play as part of the 12th annual Sarasota Ministerial Association Celebration on Wednesday.
The association will host a free Thanksgiving meal and theater luncheon benefit and that open to the public and welcomes the Sarasota homeless residents to be their guests. A free-will offering benefiting the Salvation Army's Thanksgiving meals will be accepted.
The celebration runs from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Martha's Parish Hall, 200 Orange Ave N.
The event features a mystery dinner play by Kathryn Chesley called "The Turkey Trot … Who Took the Turkey?"
The play stars:
- Mayor Suzanne Atwell and County Commissioner Carolyn Mason as Jill and Sabrina from Charlie's Angels and Sarasota NAACP President Trevor Harvey as Bosley. Who will star as Jaclyn Smith's Kelly? You'll have to attend to find out.
- Downtown Sarasota Alliance Chairman John Harshman as Sherlock Holmes
- County Commissioner Joe Barbetta as Dr. Watson
- Downtown Improvement District Chairman Ernie Ritz as Detective Combo
- Attorney C.J. Czaia as Mission Impossible's Mr. Phelps
- Caroline Zucker, chairwoman of the Sarasota County School Board, as a Salvation Army kitchen volunteer
- City Commissioner Paul Caragiulo as Spiderman
- Steve Queior, president of Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, as Uncle Ben
- Former Mayor Lou Anne Palmer as Aunt May Parker
- Chris Eisenberg, who was featured on America's Got Talent, and The Westcoast School Chorus will also perform.
No reservations are required for this event. For more information, call Goodwill Chaplain Tom Pfaff at 724-5018.