The Sarasota Holiday Parade brings Santa Claus to town tonight when the parade kicks off at 7 p.m. on Main Street.
The parade involves street closures and parking restrictions.
Here's what you need to know:
- Parade route starts at Main Street and 301 and travels west on Main Street to Bayfront Drive
- Suggested parking is on the public State Street lot, the Evie's Parking Garage, the Hollywood 20 Parking Garage and the new and free Palm Avenue Parking Garage.
- Your parade forecast is expected to include temperatures in the mid 60s with partly cloudy skies.
- Bring your camera, take pictures and upload parade photos to our Pics and Clips gallery.
The staging area will shut down starting at noon and will not open until about 9 p.m.
The staging area includes:
- Main Street from 301 to School Avenue
- School Avenue from Main Street to Fruitville Road
- Audubon Place at Fruitville Road
- Fletcher Avenue at Fruitville Road
- Wallace Avenue at Fruitville Road
- East Avenue from Fruitville Road to Ringling Blvd.
North Washington Boulevard will close at 5 p.m. from Fruitville Road to Ringling Boulevard. It is anticipated that Washington Boulevard will remain closed until approximately 9 p.m.
The parade route will be closed to traffic at 5 p.m. and expected to re-open by 10 p.m.
The parade route includes:
- Main Street from U.S. 301 to Bayfront Drive
- Gulfstream Avenue from U.S. 41 south to McAnsh Square
- McAnsh Square from Gulfstream Avenue to Pineapple Avenue
The 1600 block of Main Street will not close until 5:30 p.m. to accommodate traffic from a previously planned event “Singing Christmas Tree."
The staging area and parade route will be posted and vehicles that are parked in the posted areas will be towed.