Sarasota has a good base of Christmas and holiday light displays, but it can be challenge to know where to look.
If you're willing to explore Sarasota here are some holiday lights to check out on your own:
- Grace Baptist Church's Christmas At Grace runs daily through Dec. 26, 6 to 10 p.m. Features more than a half-million lights. The church is located at 8000 Bee Ridge Road. For complete listing of daily events at Christmas At Grace, visit http://patch.com/E-crfb
- The Grieff family decided to extend their Sarasota Christmas Wonderland for another year. The home is located on Center Ring Road, off of 59th Street where their yard and garage are filled with Christmas lights, inflatables, figures along a lighted path. The family accepts donations for the display. To visit the house, turn onto 59th Street off of Honroe Avenue, south of University Parkway, and turn left at the end of the street and continue all the way back to the light display.
Nominate Your House For Deck The Patch: Your Christmas and Holiday Lights Could Win $100,000 For Sarasota Schools From Patch plus $500 For Your Power Bill. Enter Your House Now!
The Jungle Gardens' walkway is illuminated with Christmas lights with stop along the way with fire pits and live holiday music from the Cory Music Show, and of course, Santa Claus. Magician Nathan Coe Marsh will also perform twice nightly, at 7 and 8 p.m. Admission is $11 for adults and $6 for children 3-12. Prices do not include tax.
Want someone else to do the driving? Three trolley companies offer holiday light tours.
- The SRQ Trolley offers holiday light tours through Dec. 31. Pick-up times for the tours start at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. at the Regions Bank, 4041 Cattleman Road, beside the Burlington Coat Factory. Seats must be reserved for $15. A Siesta Trolley can also be rented our for an entire tour.
- The Siesta Trolley is only doing private holiday light tours; no general admission. Costs $350 for a two-hour tour and leaves from the TJ Maxx. Tours run through Dec. 26 except for Christmas. Call 941-915-3232 for more information.
- Sarasota Trolley, the oldest of the three trolley companies, also rents out trolleys for entire groups first. But if enough people call for a particular date, the trolley tour is opened up. The tour is a little longer than the other two trolley tours, according to the operator. For more information and pricing, call 941-346-3145.
Or you could always skip the narration and follow a trolley.
Tell us where the best holiday lights are in town below!