1. Save that dollar and put away that credit card because downtown parking is free again. , ditch the pay stations and make parking free in the Palm Avenue Parking Garage. Will you be visiting downtown more because of the move?
2. Dr. Beach will be on Siesta Key Saturday as the keynote speaker to the Siesta Key Association's annual breakfast meeting. Dr. Beach is responsible for giving ranking. The meeting also features Commissioner Nora Patterson. Tickets cost $10 for non-members and is free for members. The event will last from 8 to 11 a.m. and will be at 's Community Center.
3. Why haven't you registered yet for the yet? Whether you're Bradenton based or Sarasota based, you can join us March 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Urban Flats near University Parkway. Have an existing blog that you want to post on Patch? We'll tell you how. Register today on Eventbrite!
4. The Asolo Repertory Theatre announced its 2012-2013 season Monday and it will kick of a five year American Character project.
The 2012-2013 season will feature all shows centered around The American Character, beginning with the hit musical, 1776, directed by Tony Award®- winner Frank Galati. The show will start production Nov. 16 and run through Dec. 22. Read Asolo's announcement for more information.
5. The 32nd Annual continues Tuesday through Saturday throughout Sarasota. Check out our events calendar for details of each of these events. (Search for ".") Tuesday's performance is J.B. Scott's Swingin' Allstars at The Players Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $25 for general admission; $20 for club members; $5 for students. For more information, call 941-365-2494.
Wednesday's event is the Jazz Caravan by Trolley from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. with live jazz at , , , , the and . $20 at the trolley; $15 if purchased through the Jazz Club at 941-366-1552