Originally a regional holiday in Mexico commemorating the Mexican militia’s victory over the French army in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862; today Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican food, culture, history and music.
The holiday has been embraced in the United States and is celebrated in cities throughout the country. Here are 5 Sarasota Spots where you can celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
- : 1355 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34236,
A huge Celebration all day! Specially priced drinks and meals. Live band 10:30pm until closing.
- : Palm Plaza, 4436 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota Fl 34233
Band in the evening. Party until 10pm. Special food and regular menu.
- : 2720 Stickney Point Road, Sarasota, FL 34231,
Now through May 7, Tamale Plate $10.50, Fajita Burrito $10.50. No coupon, just mention "email Cinco de Mayo special".
- : 4023 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231-3623
Annual "Cinco de Mayo Party in the Bar", 11:30am-10pm
- : 1551 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34236
After 6pm margaritas 2 for 1, until 1:30am.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!