1. Tonight's the night to get your grill on. The 2012 Shamrock Summer BBQ Series kicks off at the starting tonight rom 8 to 10 p.m.
For $15, you get refillable beers and small plates from the featured restaurant of the week (price includes tip).
The first BBQ night features Chef Jeff Sladky of cooking up Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Belly served with a white bean-chorizo cassoulet and a petite herb salad. The beer pairing of the week is Dunedin Brewery's Apricot Wheat Ale from Dunedin, Florida.
2. Looking for more info on proposed designs of Sarasota High School? The school system posted the designs on its website, so the public can view them before this week's charette.
Architechts wil discuss proposals for a at 5:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday, June 6 and 7, in the Conference Center at the , 4748 Beneva Road in Sarasota.
3. A new neighborhood is coming to Lakewood Ranch. Haddington, located in Country Club East, will be a gated community where homes will range from 2,000 to 4,000 square feet, with home and home site packages beginning in the high $400s.
The neighborhood will feature private roads, including its own transponder-controlled “residents only” gate, paver sidewalks, lush community landscaping, and upgraded landscape requirements for all residences.
The builders will begin construction of the five new waterfront models in mid-June, with completion scheduled for the fall.
4. The City Commission will have a special meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday in City Hall to discuss . Groups are already organizing via Facebook to show particular support for continuing large events centered around Five Points Park. Who will win? Stay with Patch to find out.
5. The Siesta Key Association will also receive updates about proposed work on the north Siesta Key Bridge and planned crosswalks on Midnight Pass Road. The meeting is set for Boniface Episcopal Church on Siesta Key, Room F at 4:30 p.m.