The owner of a north Sarasota thrift store is facing drug trafficking and weapons charges following a search by .
Roderick Sears, 34, who runs the Nifty Thrifty consignment shop at 2101 19th St., was arrested and charged July 27 by Sarasota Police for:
• Possession of cocaine with intent to Sell/Deliver,
• Possession of Marijuana with intent to Sell/Deliver,
• Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon,
• Possession of Ammunition by a Convicted Felon,
• Trafficking in a Controlled Substance (4-14 grams)Hydromorphone; and
• Driving while license suspended or revoked — 3rd Subsequent conviction.
During the search and investigation, police seized 924 grams of marijuana, 4 grams of powder and rock cocaine, and a handgun with ammunition.
A joint investigation and search conducted by the Sarasota Police Department and Narcotics Sections at Nifty Thrifty also resulted in additional arrests, according to police. Also arrested and charged are:
• Jadavian Shird, 20, for a battery charge stemming from a warrant;
• Lloyd Eldridge, 18, for possession of Marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia