1. Prospective employees at the are lining up for a chance to be the store's first employees.
The store is now accepting applications and will be completing interviews from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 3. Ask for the manager when you arrive, according to Trader Joe's website. You can also apply online.
The , located at 4101 S. Tamiami Trail, is set to open Sept. 7.
2. If you watch the Tampa Bay Rays, you know that today is Lineup Challenge Tuesday. It's put on by second baseman/shortstop Elliot Johnson. What you do is you have to submit him via Twitter @ElliotJohnson9 tonight's lineup 1-9 in order and what defensive position each player will be at. Use #lineupchallenge when tweeting him. He's giving away a signed ball and is considering other prizes he told Sun Sports. Manager Joe Maddon might also have something to give away, too, the network reported. Lineups have to be submitted up to four hours before game time. The contest is held weekly, and lineups will not be accepted on Mondays.
3. Now that we've warmed you up for baseball, the Gulf Coast League Rays will take on the GCL Orioles at at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10 for the Orioles only night game of the season. The game is free, and so is parking.
Concessions will be available for purchase, but fans may bring in their own refreshments, with the exception of alcohol. Hard-sided coolers, thermoses, glass bottles and cans may not be carried into the ballpark.
4. Congrats to Eddie Youssef, Managing Partner of the in Gulf Gate, who has been presented with Darden Restaurants’ top honor – the Joe R. Lee Diamond Club Award, named after the company’s retired chairman and CEO. The award is presented annually to Managing Partners throughout North America who demonstrate outstanding results and achieve top financial performance in the company’s previous fiscal year.
5. Today is the last day to buy discounted tickets for Donald Trump's appearance at the Ritz-Carlton on Aug. 26. Trump will receive the Republican Party of Sarasota County Statesman of the Year award. Discounted tickets cost $110.