If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to be kinder to the planet and save some money, here are 20 ways to go green in 2013.
- Buy local at the Farmer's Market at the weekly Sarasota Farmers Market
- Have your kids make their friends’ birthday cards and bring gifts in decorated paper bags or a cool reusable bag. Kids love getting a handmade card—as do adults.
- Bring your own bags when you shop for groceries.
- Shop at consignment stores including The Pink Orchard, and thrift stores including Goodwill.
- Rip out some lawn and create some new garden beds this spring and grow your own food this summer. Need help getting started? Contact Plants & Treasures. Your kids will also eat more veggies if they grow them themselves.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
TELL US: Do you think you could stick to a green New Year's resolution? Share your thoughts in the comments sections below.