1. Ben & Jerry's Co-Founder Stamps Money Out Of Politics In Sarasota
Ben & Jerry's co-founder Ben Cohen greeted Sarasota visitors with his Amend-O-Matic StampMobile Friday night.
2. Sarasota Man Among 14 Arrested on Fraud Charges Costing Investors Millions
Federal indictments allege long-term schemes to manipulate stock prices that led to more than 20,000 investors losing more than $30 million when the artificially inflated stock prices collapsed.
3. Sarasota and Manatee Work to Lure World Rowing Championship
The tourism and business community are leading a push to bring the competition to the area.
4. Horses for Heroes Offers Vets Relaxation Through Riding
The Horses for Heroes program at the Sarasota Manatee Association for Riding Therapy is designed to benefit vets. Your vote at the Home Depot Foundation could help benefit the Association as well as the vets with a $25,000 gift card.
5. Homeless Man Wanted for Pasco Murder is Caught in Sarasota
Robert Allen Shellly, accused of killing another homeless man last month in Port Richey, was apprehended at the 10th Street boat ramp in Sarasota on Friday.
Sign up for the Sarasota Patch email newsletter to get all our top headlines delivered to your inbox each day, for free!