1. Hey high school students. Don't have time for breakfast at home or school before the FCAT tests today? McDonald's is offering free breakfast for Florida high school students today to give them energy for the standardized tests. And you'll have to get it yourself. Teachers aren't allowed to pick up breakfast and bring it for their class this year.
2. City officials will be busy this week, starting tonight discussing the potential lease extension for . That land deal packaged with the museum's property and the vacant lot beside it , is, commissioners told the Herald-Tribune. Then on Tuesday city and county commissioners will discuss transportation projects including and .
3. The is going full steam ahead. Today's highlights include an In Conversation series with documentary filmmaker Rory Kennedy following the screening of her film Ethel at Sarasota High School.
In addition to the 235 movies, the festival announced that Penelope Ann Miller will be at the festival this year, WWE superstars Kelly Kelly and Rey Mysterio, retired New York Giants legend Harry Carson, the Flying Wallendas and more will be on hand at various events. For tickets, visit the lobby or visit www.sarasotafilmfestival.com.
Keep up with What's Happening at the Sarasota Film Festival with Patch as we round up the latest news, tweets and more coming out of the events.
4. Sarasota Patch has partnered with some local organizations for the Give-A-Ton Food Drive.
The Florida Patch sites' goal is to collect a ton of food for the nonprofit, Feeding America Tampa Bay, and help nourish local children and their families this summer, when school is out and free and reduced lunch programs are not available. Learn more about our Give-A-Ton Food Drive here.
5. Occupy Sarasota is also doing a canned food drive on Earth Day by participating in The Nature Conservancy's world's largest picnic at Five Points Park on April 22. The picnic has be at least 10 minutes long within the 24 hour period. The group is encouraging people to bring non-perishables to donate to the All Faiths Food Bank.