1. The man, the legend is at tonight at 8 performing for Sarasota.
Tickets prices range from $30 to $70. For more information and to buy tickets, contact the Van Wezel Box office at 953-3368 or log onto www.vanwezel.org.
2. The s tonight where visitors can sit in the courtyard and watch the sunset. A program of changing colored light, bathing the interior of the space, shifts the viewer’s perception of the sky from space, to void, to “solid” as the artist “changes” the color of the sky. The show begins 30 minutes before sundown.
As a bonus, it is also Art After 5 on Thursday when from 5 to 8 p.m. visitors can talk and walk around the museum with staff learning about the pieces at a discounted admission price. The highlight of the night is the exploration of Josef Albers' color theory in the Searing Wing. Art After 5 admission is discounted at $10/Adults, $5/Children ages 6-17. Museum Members are free.
3. Thunder By the Bay roars into Sarasota Friday going through Sunday. The motorcycle features live bands, plenty of Harley-Davidsons, vendors and gambling to raise money for Suncoast Charities for Children. The downtown festival is free on Saturday and Sunday but the Friday kick-off event at the costs $15 at the door.
4. Whether it's "Heroes," "The Man Who Sold the World," or the entire "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" album, you will be Bowied at the 65th Birthday bash and tribute for the rock star on Sunday. Bowie won't be there, but a special Q-and-A with his publicist, featuring behind-the-scenes footage and stories will be the highlight, as well as a list of bands performing Bowie covers. Tickets cost $9 in advance and $12 at the door at .
5. Get a touch of circus with your meal at on Friday during its ." will perform from 6 to 8 p.m. for free in front of the restaurant.