1. Tonight is the busiest day out of the entire year for bars. Why? Because you need some help dealing with the family the next day. Siesta Key's annual Turkey Trot pub crawl returns tonight starting at 9 p.m. The party features $4 Budweiser and Bud Light drafts in souvenir Turkey Trot cups. Participating bars including Gilligan's Island Bar, Daiquiri Deck and Siesta Key Oyster Bar.
2. For a different type of Turkey Trot, try the fourth annual Turkey Shoot at Bobby Jones Golf Club starting at 8:45 a.m. on Thanksgiving. The fun begins with a non-competitive shotgun start, reduced greens fees and a buffet breakfast.
The rate for 18 holes, with a riding cart plus a buffet breakfast at Bobby’s Clubhouse restaurant, is $28.50.
Breakfast will be offered from 7 to 9 a.m. Walk-ins are welcome.
Nine holes play will be offered until 11 a.m. at the regular rate, $16.82 with a cart on the American/British courses. Breakfast is not included. Breakfast for non-“Turkey Shooters” is $9.
For more information about the ‘Turkey Shoot’ contact the golf shop: 941-954-4163. To learn more about Bobby Jones Golf Club visit www.BobbyJonesGolfClub.com.
3. Clay Aiken ushers in the Christmas spirit at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall on Saturday to croon holiday favorites backed by a 20-piece orchestra.
Tickets to Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour stop in Sarasota cost $30 to $60. For more information and tickets, visit vanwezel.org or call 953-3368.
4. Let down your hair with a production of Rumplestiltskin by the Professional Learning and Theatrical Organization.
The organization's troupe Magic Box Theatre will present the children's play by Beth Duda and Adam Ratner and directed by Jared Walker. The organization, PLATO, is now housed at the Harborside Ballroom inside the Ramada Inn Waterfront. The play will be staged on Saturday mornings, starting this Saturday and Dec. 8 and features a joke contest for kids at each performance. Tickets for the show is $10.
For more information or tickets, call 363-1727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. It's time again to Light Up The Key at Siesta Key Village on Saturday.
The 28th annual Christmas parade features a longer route, Santa Claus and much more.
Free transportation will be provided courtesy of the Siesta Island Trolley from Siesta Public Beach to the Village from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
Check out the Light Up The Key calendar listing for more info.