The following is a press release from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office:
Eight local convenience store clerks were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during the most recent undercover operation conducted by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force (JATF) on December 30, 2013.
The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21. Clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear (NTA), or in one case, arrested if they did not have legal identification and did not fit the criteria for an NTA:
- Marathon, 6212 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- 7-Eleven, 3156 Clark Road, Sarasota
- Mobil, 3580 Clark Road, Sarasota
- Palmer Market, 5300 Clark Road, Sarasota
- 7-Eleven, 5420 Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
- BP, 3605 Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
- BP, 1660 Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Mobil, 2745 Beneva Road, Sarasota
Another 10 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.
This was the third JATF operation conducted this year resulting in a combined 29 store clerks being cited for selling alcohol to minors.