In response to community concerns, the Sarasota Police Department said is has conducted a series of undercover investigations that resulted in the arrest of five women on charges of prostitution. Three of the arrests were classified as felonies based on three or more previous arrests for prostitution, according to a SPD news release.
The Sarasota Police Department Street Crimes Unit conducted the investigations with support and assistance from Vice Narcotics detectives, and Uniform patrol officers on Sept. 22.
Arrested Individuals included:
- Sarah Willette, 32, a transient, prostitution, arrested N. Tamiami trail and 42nd Street. Felony arrest for three or more previous prostitution arrests.
- Kriste Arsenault, 20, a transient, prostitution, arrested N. Tamiami Trail and 47th Street.
- Jessica Smith, 31, 2455 N. Tamiami Trail, prostitution, arrested on N. Tamiami Trail and 23rd Street. Felony arrest for three or more previous prostitution arrests.
- Ashley Kennedy, 21, 2900 block of Lalani Lane, prostitution N. East Avenue and 7th Street.
- Dianne Sala, AKA Dianne Woods, 48, 1200 block of 14th Street, Prostitution, arrested in the 2200 block of N. Tamiami Trail.
To demonstrate the connection between prostitution and other crimes, all of these individuals had previous arrests for other crimes, according to police. The previous arrests included arrest for robbery, thefts, multiple narcotics violations and prostitution.
Sarasota police have made 81 prostitution arrests so far in 2011.