A 39-year-old north Sarasota man faces multiple felony charges following a drug bust by on Friday.
The police department's Tactical Narcotics Unit along with the Strategic Narcotics Unit and SWAT executed a search warrant for 2021 30th St, following an investigation due to community concerns about drug activity in the neighborhood, according to police.
Inside the home, detectives seized:
• 29.6 grams of marijuana
• 1.6 grams of powder cocaine
• 12.6 grams of methadone/Hydromorphone
Police arrested the home's resident Roland Eugene Smith, who is a convicted felon with 11 previous convictions — five of which were felonies.
Smith now faces the following charges:
· Possession of cocaine with intent to sell/deliver
· Possession of marijuana with intent to sell/deliver
· Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
· Trafficking in illegal drugs
· Possession of drug paraphernalia
Sarasota Police offers a special hotline to report suspected narcotics and prostitution activities at 941-954-7050. Callers can remain anonymous.