The Ringling Bridge Run returns Saturday with runners galore, and plenty of road and lane closures, too.
The detours will occur between 7 and 9:30 a.m., according to police.
Westbound traffic on Gulfstream Avenue and the John Ringling Bridge will travel on the eastbound side in a single lane through Bird Key Drive, according to Sarasota Police. Eastbound traffic will be subsequently reduced to a single lane as well. The westbound lanes will be used for the race.
Here are the other closures and detours:
- U.S. 41 from 10th Street to Gulfstream Avenue will experience slowdowns due to the closure of the southbound lanes.
- Southbound U.S. 41 traffic at 10th Street will be diverted into the single median north bound lane on US 41.
- The northbound lanes of U.S. 41 from 10th Street to Gulfstream Avenue will be utilized for a two-way traffic flow plan, one single lane each for north and south traffic in this area.
- The southbound lanes of traffic on U.S. 41 from 10th Street to Gulfstream Avenue will be utilized by runners and walkers participating in the event.
- Traffic wanting to cross to the west side of U.S. 41 in the event area will be accommodated by Sarasota Police Officers when it is safe to do so.
- Those wishing to access the boat ramps at U.S. 41 and 10th Street should avoid the 10th Street entrance and preferably utilize the entrance off of southbound U.S. 41, which is north of the 10th Street area.
- Northbound traffic on the Bayfront, U.S. 41 approaching Gulfstream Avenue will be split into two separate lanes.
- Northbound U.S. 41 traffic will merge to the right lane entering into the two-way traffic plan from Gulfstream to 10th Street.
- Beach traffic will merge to the left lane and will enter into a two-way traffic flow plan in the single median eastbound lane of Gulfstream Avenue. Officers will be on hand to direct and assist motorist through this intersection.
- The vehicular entrance to Hart’s Landing via the westbound Saprito Pier drive access will be closed during the above mentioned hours.
- An officer will be on hand to accommodate both ingress and egress via the eastbound exit from Hart’s on the south side of the causeway.