In each incident the men
discussed having sex and exposed themselves to undercover detectives who were
monitoring activity along the trails and near the waterway at the park, located
at 4100 Harbor Drive in Venice.
The following people were arrested on a misdemeanor exposure of sexual organs charge:
- Jay Aiello, 67, 800 block of Riviera St., Sarasota.
- Brian Pound, 56, 1300 block of North River Road, Sarasota.
- Richard Smithson, 77, Pebble Rock Drive, Sarasota.
- Gerald Clark, 49, 300 block of Gardenia Road, Venice.
- Erick Jacoby, 45, 4100 block of Fruitville Road, Sarasota.
- Daniel McAvoy, 61, 6900 block of Roslyn Court, North Port.
- Donald Myrberg, 63, 4800 block of Escalante Drive, North Port.
According to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, these types of operations are routine in response to citizen complaints. The SCSO said they will continue doing undercover stings to ensure residents and visitors can enjoy the park without encountering illegal activity.