1. Can you belt it like Brice? As in Fanny Brice? is running a contest to award a VIP experience to see on either June 15 or 16. All you have to do is send a short video submission of you singing 16 bars or 30 seconds of your favorite song to firstname.lastname@example.org to prove you can Belt it Like Brice. Videos must be submitted by Sunday, June 10. Winners will be announced June 13.
Here's what you win:
• Dinner for two at Café L’ Europe
• Luxury Car Service from Thrifty Car Rental, from Café L’ Europe to Asolo Repertory Theatre
• VIP arrival at Asolo Repertory Theatre, photos provided by Cliff Roles Photography
• Two tickets to see Fanny Brice: America’s Funny Girl in the VIP Box Seating
• Light refreshments provided at intermission by Morton’s Gourmet Market
• A private “Meet and Greet” with the actors backstage after the performance
• Return Luxury Car Service from Thrifty Car Rental, back to Café L’ Europe, to your vehicle.
• The winning video will be featured on Asolo Rep’s Facebook page as well as the Belt it Like Brice Asolo Rep webpage.
Official rules and more info can be found at asolorep.org.
2. The City Commission will be busy today considering semi-finalists for the , an offer by Benderson Development for property at Beneva and Fruitville roads, plans for roundabouts on Tamiami Trail and more. Stay with Patch to learn more about these decisions.
3. The Siesta Key Association will also receive updates about proposed work on the north Siesta Key Bridge and planned crosswalks on Midnight Pass Road. The meeting is set for Boniface Episcopal Church on Siesta Key, Room F at 4:30 p.m.
4. Tell architechts how a should look like. The meetings are scheduled for 5:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday, June 6 and 7, in the Conference Center at the , 4748 Beneva Road in Sarasota.
5. Barbecue and beer unite at the starting Tuesday. From 8 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday nights starting June 5, Shamrock Pub (2257 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota) will host an area chef for its second annual Summer BBQ Series. For $15, you get refillable beers and small plates from the featured restaurant of the week (price includes tip).
The first BBQ night on Tues., June 5 features Chef Jeff Sladky of cooking up Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Belly served with a white bean-chorizo cassoulet and a petite herb salad. The beer pairing of the week is Dunedin Brewery's Apricot Wheat Ale from Dunedin, Florida.