1. A third roundabout could come to Ringling Boulevard depending on the desire of the City Commission.
City engineer staff will present options to the City Commission at a special meeting at 2 p.m. Monday of how to upgrade the Ringling Boulevard and Orange Avenue intersection.
One option is to construct a roundabout that could cost $500,000 to $600,000, according to city documents. Another option is to place the stoplights on a mast arm, which would cost $200,000 to $250,000, according to city documents.
Right now, the stoplights are on span wires, and the intersection is on the list for upgrades, according to the briefing document. Ringling Boulevard had .
The meeting, which will include discussion of the city's mobility plan, will be held in the Commission Chambers at .
2. Siesta Key Beach Access 5 will close Monday from from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, during construction at The Terrace condominium complex, 5400 Ocean Blvd, according to Sarasota County Government.
Access 7 parking lot at Beach Road and Calle De Siesta will remain open.
3. Join Sarasota Patch at The Coffee Loft's The Brew event from 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Sept. 14. We'll be there passing out Patch cookies for folks who sign up for our Newsletter and we'll have some other cool giveaways, too.
The event features food tastings, live music and art. Admission is free!
4. It's not your weekend for driver license and tag renewals. Florida's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles online services will go offline from 6 p.m. tonight to 9 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10 as its servers are moved from one data center to another in Tallahassee. No appointments will be accepted in state driver's license offices on Monday and Tuesday due to the move. The state encourages people whose tags expire today or already expired should visit www.GoRenew.com before 6 p.m.
5. single tickets go on sale for the upcoming season starting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 and you can either order at the Van Wezel Box Office, call 953-3368 to purchase and even make an appointment to pick a seat in person or wait in line. Appointments are made in 10-minute intervals from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, but do not guarantee ticket availability.