Five Sarasota golfers are among 84 from around the world competing for a chance to qualify for the USGA Senior Open this month.
Barry Cheesman, Mike Davis, Rich Kyllonen, KC Fox and John Vaccaro are locals participating in the Senior Open Qualifying Tournament at Dunedin Golf Club on Monday, June 24.
The top two finishers in the Dunedin qualifier move on to the U.S. Senior Open in Omaha, NE, July 8-14, which will air on ESPN2 and NBC Sports.
Ronald Randolph, the Dunedin Golf Club's general manager, is hosting the senior qualifying golfers for the fourth consecutive year. Most hail from Florida, but some are traveling from as far as Colombia and the Republic of Korea.
Want to Watch?
Spectators are welcome, but they must make sure they are quiet while the players are hitting, said Randolph.
- When: Monday, June 24
- Where: Dunedin Golf Club, 1050 Palm Blvd., Dunedin, FL 34698
- Tee Times: Two groups of three will tee off starting at 8 a.m., from holes 1 and 10 respectively. Groups will continue with start times slated every 9 minutes until the last groups begin at 9:57 a.m.
Tee Times for Local Participants:
- Barry Cheesman tees off from 10 at 9:57 a.m. with Michael Smith of Tampa and Peter Dupriest of Sebring.
- Mike Davis and Rich Kyllonen (amateur) tee off from 10 at 8:18 a.m. with Jon Feinberg of Miami.
- KC Fox (amateur) tees off from 1 at 8 a.m. with Lee Chill of Windermere, FL, and David Evans of Conneaut, OH.
- John Vaccaro (amateur) tees off from 10 at 8:36 a.m.with David Lamm of Lakewood Ranch and Bill Sellers of Orlando.
Sign up for the free Sarasota Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.