1. It seems that Sarasota can't get enough of burlesque.
The Black Diamond Burlesque Show returns to at 9:15 p.m. Saturday.
This show features Mademoiselle Rowdy Pants, newer members Mina Munroe and Candy Muldune, along with boylesque numbers from Top Hat Dave. includes live music, vaudeville, and the elegant art of the tease, according to the comedy theater.
Tickets are $20 or $30 for VIP seats in Black Diamond's up close and personal "glitter zone." Late show Saturday, July 28th, is 9:15 pm. Contact McCurdy's for tickets and information: www.mccurdyscomedy.com or 941.925.FUNY
2. Shamrock Pub is throwing a "lovefest between Florida and New Jersey" under the guise of a rock concert tonight at 11 p.m. Bands include Cats in the Basement, Fancy Rat and Sparta Philharmonic. No cover; must be 21+.
3. It's a bit of a two-for-many weekend at . The final Free Fest of the season is Friday at 5 p.m. featuring Bird Street Players. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be moved inside. Food and drinks are available for sale. Then on Saturday, it's the time honored Sarasota tradition to wake up early and stand in line at the Van Wezel box office as single tickets go on sale for this season's performances. Tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. that day, or if you're quick at the click of a mouse, you can also buy the tickets online.
4. Fashionista hipsters will have their night at from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday when the boutique previews its fall line. The event features a DJ, $1-entry raffle and refreshments.
5. Join the local tech crowd tonight at 5:30 p.m. for at . The group is known for organizing conferences focused on Web technology and creating content in an open source fashion.