United Way of Tampa Bay, serving Hillsborough and Pinellas counties, and United Way of Sarasota County, covering Sarasota and DeSoto counties, will consolidate under a new name: United Way Suncoast.
The merger is effective July 1.
Administrative jobs will be centralize, though the organization says the focus will stay on local communities.
"The regional discussions confirmed our expectations about the benefits of sharing knowledge, systems, professional staff and volunteers, and other resources," said Diana Baker, President & CEO, United Way of Tampa Bay.
Baker will serve as President and CEO of the new regional organization. Local area boards will remain in place, supported by an Area President (one in Tampa Bay, one in Sarasota), local staff and local offices.
The new structure requires local leadership by staff and volunteers, local presence with area offices and programming, and local decision-making regarding the investment of funds raised in the Sarasota and Tampa Bay communities, according to a written press release.
"Our greatest needs and resources in Florida's Suncoast span the whole region. So it makes sense to organize on a more regional basis while staying closely connected to our local communities," said Gary L. Sasso, President and CEO, Carlton Fields, P.A. and incoming board chair of the new United Way Suncoast.
According to the organizations, major benefits of consolidation include:
- The ability to increase capacity to deliver on United Way's mission and community impact priorities by pooling resources and sharing knowledge.
- The opportunity to minimize costs and maximize best practices.
- The ability to provide the best possible opportunities and experiences for donors, acknowledging the live-work patterns of individuals and the interests of regional corporate and community partners.
For more information
The new website address is www.UnitedWaySuncoast.org and will be live on July 30th.
You may also visit:
- United Way of Sarasota County at www.uwsrq.com
- United Way of Tampa Bay at www.UnitedWayTampaBay.org