SubZero Ice Cream & Yogurt
SubZero creates ice cream, custards, milkshakes, smoothies and frozen yogurt treats in an instant, using liquid nitrogen to instantly freeze any combination of flavored creams. In fact, more than 37 trillion combinations can be created, and because the freezing process is so fast, no ice crystals can form, leaving the creations smooth and creamy. Various types of pie (called Pi—it's a math joke) are also available.
Simply choose your base of premium or low-fat cream, custard, yogurt or soymilk, then add in any number of 48 flavors, and add-ins such as nuts, candy or cookie dough to make a unique creation. A word of advice, though: A simpler mixture tends to taste better than a lot of different flavors.
This SubZero franchise location is owned by six nurses from Manatee Memorial Hospital, who use their scientific backgrounds to make sweet treats for the Sarasota community.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 10pm; Sun, noon - 8pm
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Vegan
- General services: Eat-in, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.subzeroicecream.com/menu/
- Frozen yogurt: Yes
- Number of ice cream flavors: 37